this blog

PURPOSE:

To share what I believe with others. And by sharing come to a higher understanding of what I believe.

Friday, July 13, 2012

I have anxiety. {remembering my best friend Marianne}

"Excuse me, your OCD is showing. (Just thought you ought to know?)"

Oh, I know. 


          I have anxiety.

I try to pretend I don't. I try to hide it when others are around. But, the truth of the matter is that I do and sometimes it's pretty darn apparent.

Especially lately.

Back in High School (which lately feels like a million years ago) while with my best friend Marianne in her room I found a couple of these little dolls on the floor by her bed.

I laughed a little. What funny little dolls to just be lying around a teenager girls room.

"What are these?" I asked.

"Oh," She said as she took them from me and held them in her hand like they were something special/fragile. "They are my worry dolls."

I became very curious. "What are worry dolls?"

"Every night, before I go to bed, I whisper to each one a worry of mine and then put them under my pillow... and, they take my worries away while I sleep."

I knew right away that I needed some worry dolls too.

And, although I haven't used them in years and years I found them in the drawer of my nightstand the other night and seriously considered secretly telling them all my anxious feelings.

It couldn't hurt right?

No comments: