this blog

PURPOSE:

To share what I believe with others. And by sharing come to a higher understanding of what I believe.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

becoming fireproof

Lately its made me sad to hear about all the couples that I know that are struggling in their marriages. It's hard for me because I want to help and lots of times I just feel at a loss for words. I just don't know the right advice. Every relationship is so unique and there can be so many problems that clog up a marriage.

It can be hard to know how to love someone in the right way.

The movie Fireproof just amazes me. If you haven't seen it- watch it. No marriage is perfect and this movie shows that no matter how good- or bad your marriage is there is always room to improve.

Along with this movie comes the amazing challenge of The Love Dare. I'm on DAY 5 of this challenge and with each day's new "DARE" the film in front of my eyes becomes thinner and I am coming to understand that I am no where near being a perfect lover towards my husband.

MY GOALS: (so far)

-to let my dear husband be himself (by letting him make his own mistakes and give him even more time than he deserves to fix them)

-to be more patient

-to be less selfish

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said! I'm excited to read what you have to say on here. What a great idea!

Cory and Melissa said...

This is such a great idea! You are so great!

Craig and Aly said...

I love this new blog of yours! Great idea!

Lauren said...

We loved this movie and bought "The Love Dare" for each other for Christmas. Unfortunately we haven't started it yet. But we will! Love your blog Ashley, such a great idea!